Friday, October 15, 2010

Packin Punch

Known as a pumpkin patch to most people, we visited a "packin punch" a couple of weekends ago. Addison knows how to say pumpkin patch, but when she gets excited it comes out "packin punch."

I have fond memories of going to a pumpkin patch as a child, so of course, I want my kids to have the same experience. Let me tell you, pumpkin patches are no longer just a hayride to a field of pumpkins...there are train rides, petting zoos, jumping pillows, slides, corn mazes. It's an all day event.



The huge slide Addison and I went down together.
Haybales to climb on.
Ride out to the patch.
There were still pumpkins on the vine...very cool for Addison to see.
A's choice for a pumpkin.
In true boy fashion, Jake was more interested in the dirt than the pumpkins.
Ride back from the patch.

I love fall decorations and went a little overboard at the pumpkin patch. I'm a sucker for unique pumpkins...white...dark greenLight green and a squatty, bright orange.

We're just supporting the local farmers :)

1 comment:

grammy12 said...

Looks like fun!!! I like your variety of pumpkins.