Friday, August 16, 2013

Owen's Birth

If you had asked me in mid-May if I would still be pregnant on June 4th (the date set for my c-section), I would've laughed and told you, "no way."  But, alas, June 4th rolled around and as you can see below, I was indeed still pregnant.


Here I am at 39 1/2 weeks pregnant!
I love that you can see the clock in this photo.  We were supposed to check in at the hospital at 7:00 am.  The clock says 6:55.  Fortunately, we live about a minute away from the hospital.  

We left that morning not knowing if we'd be meeting a son or daughter that day.  I had been feeling very confident that it was a boy.  Kyle and Jake both also thought it was a boy.  Addison thought (wished) it was a girl.  

A few hours (I can't find/remember the exact time right now, don't judge...it was 9:50ish) later we met our sweet son, Owen!   Kyle had the honor of "calling it" (boy/girl) as the doctor pulled the baby out.  It was a sweet moment...I'm so glad we decided to be surprised.  Owen screamed from the moment the doctor pulled him out and continued to scream through the wiping down/weighing/measuring process. 


He came out hungry!


My doctor, who has delivered all of my babies.


Owen was 8 lbs. 7 oz. and 20 inches long.
He was over a pound smaller than his sister and brother.  
He felt so tiny in comparison!


That morning, Grandma J and Papa Skip brought Addison and Jake to the hospital to meet their new brother.  Addison stuck close to Owen throughout the visit.  She watched the nurse bathe Owen.


The proud big sister and brother.


Grammy and Owen


Owen with his namesake...William Owen (aka Papa Skip)


Papa Steve and Owen


Papa and Grandma J and Owen

We had some sweet visitors in the hospital.
We loved introducing Owen to our dear friends.



Rashelle, Max, and Owen



Miss Karen and Owen


Alisha and Owen


Welcome to the world, sweet Owen!




We love our family of 5!

No comments: