Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day








Ahhhh...a day without cooking, cleaning, or laundry. I feel like I've been on a day long vacation! Kyle did a wonderful job planning a special day for me. He started my day with my favorite breakfast, Panera's asiago cheese bagel and coffee. My gift was a year-long zoo pass, which will be great to share with Addison! We spent the afternoon at the zoo. Addison had never been before but seemed more interested in the people around us (our zoo idea was not a unique one...it was PACKED) than the animals. The gorillas caught her eye, they came right up to the glass.

After the zoo, we went out for gelato at a coffee shop that just opened near our house. Addison enjoyed a few tastes and loved sitting in a big-girl chair!

Today was a special day for me, but I still spent a large part of today thinking of my own mom. She is great...always ready to listen. She worked so hard raising my sister, brother, and me. She really demonstrated sacrificial love to us. I hope I can be that kind of mom! I love you, mom.

No comments: