Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Addison's Christmas Present

When I have project ideas, they tend to be pie-in-the-sky ideas. I found this adorable Pottery Barn Kids quilt that is way too expensive and thought, "I can make that." Now, don't be fooled, I am NOT a seamstress. I only know the basics of my sewing machine and have made a handful of quilts...all very simple and basic. Click to see a picture of the Pottery Barn quilt:

When my mom moved last fall she forced her children to take all of their childhood belongings with them (isn't she mean :)) . Included in my treasure trove were the doll bunk beds my sister and I had in our younger years. Here enters my pie-in-the-sky plans for Addison's Christmas present.

I decided to fix up the bunk beds and make replicas of the Pottery Barn quilt plus a matching quilt for Addison's bed. When I told my mom my plan (this was Thanksgiving, by the way). Her response was, "You're going to do all that before Christmas???". My mom, the realist was right. I ended up fixing up the top bunk of the bed set (it looks like a single) and made one doll quilt for it. Maybe I'll get to the rest of that stuff later :) Here's the result:

No comments: