Friday, February 13, 2009

God Speaks

I wish I could say that this road I've been on the last two weeks has sent me straight to my Bible for comfort. That has not been the case, but my God has comforted and loved me through His people. I have marveled over and over at His goodness and wondered how people who do not know Him and are not a part of His Church face tragedy.

Even though I have been less than faithful in seeking Him in His Word, He has sent His Word to me. There is a chorus from a worship song that has been in my head repeatedly in these last weeks. I have found great comfort in it. It is called "Land of the Living" from Enter the Worship Circle:

"I am confident of this one thing.
That my eyes will be blessed when they gaze upon Your beauty.
And my lips will be sweet when they whisper words of praise.
And my heart will be dancing when it knows that You are with me.
And I will see Your goodness, in the land of the living."

I knew this chorus originated somewhere in Psalms. I even thought, "I really should look that up." But I never followed through. Today, I opened a card from a couple who goes to church with Matt and Tally, some good friends of ours. I've never met them, but Matt and Tally asked their Sunday School class to pray for us. This couple's daughter lost a baby just last summer. They wrote the sweetest letter and at the bottom was this scripture:

"I am still confident of this: I will see Your goodness, Lord, in the land of the living. I will wait for You, Lord. I will be strong and take heart and wait for You." Psalm 27:13-14

God is faithful and speaks. He chose to use a couple I have never met to bring me the promise my heart needs to hear. I AM confident that I will see His goodness, in the land of the living.

No comments: