Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Jake's 1st Birthday Party

Jake's party was so much fun to plan. The theme was "One Year Old in a Flash." I got the idea from HERE. I made the decorations using scrapbook paper I had on hand. The food was super simple...sandwiches, fruit kabobs, hummus...with cupcakes and chocolate-covered Oreos for dessert. The hit of the party, besides Jake devouring his first cupcake, were the photo props I made. The kids (and adults) had fun playing with them. So, here it goes, Jake's party in pictures:





The kid's table. The boys had pirate masks to decorate and the girls had princess crowns. I didn't get any pictures of the completed masks and crowns, but the activity held their attention for a (surprisingly) long time. Then the photo props started making the rounds:



This picture makes my heart happy! I think I need to tuck it away in my "Things to pull out when my nephews introduce me to their girlfriends" file.




The cupcake.
It wasn't really love at first sight...he wasn't sure what to do with it. But, it was certainly love at first bite. Once he got a taste, he was digging it.



A quick bath was necessary.


I was so touched by the family that made it to the party. I really didn't expect many to be able to come. But, they did. They traveled several hours just for the party, then turned around and traveled several hours home. It was sweet.


My dear friends, Alisha and Rashelle, they love my kids so well!

Nana and Papa

Papa Skip and Grandma J


Grammy


Aunt Erin, Uncle James, Caleb, Aidan, and Sam


I loved every minute of this party. It was so good to celebrate this sweet little guy!

Up next: The photo montage that was played at the party.

2 comments:

Emily B. said...

Aww, what a special time that was! The decorations, treats and props all were so fun and cute! He really is the sweetest little guy you'll meet. Good job Karie! And you did a great job of getting pictures of the party too, I am horrible at picking up my camera at family events!
Also, I love your blog remodel. And feel flattered that you have included my link with the photo credit, Thank you!!!

Marie Sullivan said...

1) love the new look of the blog 2) I felt like I was at Jake's party via your dad's new phone (so glad he sent me some pics) 3) love your pictures and your adorable kiddos 4) I'm going to steal your camera (I guess we'll let you keep your kids) and 5) we miss you guys very much!:)