Thursday, August 18, 2011

Where to Start?

I've once again neglected my blog long enough to just not know where to start. I haven't "documented" a large part of our summer, which is screeching to a halt with the start of preschool in a week and a half. So much has happened and I want to write it all down! So, I guess I'll start with this guy:

The major development in the life of Jake is language. He went from 5 words to like 25 in the matter of a few weeks and continues to absorb words at a lightning pace. Here are a few of my favorites:

"kiki"= blankie, usually preceded by the next phrase on my list...

"i aunt dat"= I want that...which is a priceless phrase in any toddler's vocab arsenal

"mo"=more...again, another toddler necessity

"mine"=mine...this word can be the beginning of WWIII without some mediation

"socy"=sorry...he says this in the sweetest voice after he has wronged someone (usually his sister)

"uhkay"=okay...you must hear this in person to fully appreciate this one

"Nienie"=Annie, our dog

"Sissy"=Addison

"Mimi"=Grammy, my mom, who is living with us for a time while she and my stepdad finalize their house plans.

"cah"=car...Jake can oftentimes be found with a car in each hand trying to pick up a third, because well, two cars just aren't enough

"buh"=book, his current favorites are most any Sandra Boynton book, especially "But Not the Hippopotamus."

"shoe"=shoe...he is a lover of all shoes...mine, Kyle's, Addison's, his own

"helwhoa"=hello and telephone...he loves to talk on the "hello" and has very animated conversations. Jake is also known to be a phone snatcher.

"cank cou"=thank you

"saur"=dinosaur

"choochoo"=train

"cow"=cow

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Such a happy guy! What a difference a few months makes. He looks so grown up!