Thursday, March 3, 2011

Imperfect Perfection

My heart is full today. It's been a very ordinary day, but one of simple joys.

-Preparing and sending off a birthday package for a cousin

-Amazing spring weather

-A good phone conversation with a dear friend

-An impromptu zoo trip

-Miss A's delight in the salamanders and tree frogs

-Being chased by a rogue bird in the jungle building

-Popcorn on the way home...just because

-A peaceful afternoon thanks to great naps for both kids

-A sweet text from a friend going through a rough time

-Jake's delight in our dog

-Windows open...it smells like spring

There have been fits. Toys have been snatched...hair has been pulled. Laundry needs to be put away and I haven't even considered what to make for dinner, but it's been one of those days. Imperfect, for sure, but full of reassurances that I am exactly where God wants me to be.

1 comment:

Emily B. said...

That is such a wonderful recollection of your day. I can't quite put it into words, but I just love how you are present. There for the good and the bad, and embracing it all because it's where you are supposed to be.