I found this sweet, floral print at Joann's on clearance and thought it might work okay. Seeing the finished dress, it's probably a bit heavy...the dress isn't as flowy as I thought it would be.It's a little big on my little model, but after sewing on the snaps twice (I sewed one on backwards the first time...rookie mistake), I wasn't about to move them again.

Here is the back. You can really see in this picture that it's too big.

After looking at these pictures, I realized the fabric was kind of Little House on the Prairie-ish. I Googled "Laura Ingalls Wilder" and this picture (of a Laura Ingalls Wilder pageant) came up:
Throw a bonnet and an apron on my girl and she would fit right in. Would Laura wear a halter dress??
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Garage sale season is in full swing and that makes me one happy girl! These lamps were a great find...$10 for the pair!

I decided to put them on the buffet in our dining room. The light fixture is this room is pretty dim...the lamps help tremendously with that.
Soon and (hopefully) very soon, the red walls and dark woodwork will be gone! I am going to paint the woodwork white and the walls a muted apple green (still looking for the perfect shade).
That brings us to the moss-covered "M". Kyle is not impressed with my Pottery Barn knock-off. He thinks with the new lamps, it looks like a shrine for the letter "M".


6 comments:
LOVE the dress you did a great job!!! Too funny about the pic and fabric print. I think it's sweet. Laura IS a good role model. I LOVED LOVED LOVED Little House growing up...a halter dress? probably not but this one is modest. AND I do not agree with Kyle's M Shrine comment...I think it is fabulous. You have such a lovely flair for decorating. I want you to come give me a few ideas!!!
Great job on the dress! You had the perfect model! I'll help you paint your dining room if you help me paint mine!
I LOVE it! And those lamps were a great find! Nice job! :)
What does Kyle know? I think it looks great! I'm sure it will look even better with a complimenting green color on the walls. I'm super impressed with your artistic creativity. :)
Karie, thank you so much for your donation to help us bring Sergey home! It means the world to us:) God bless!
Danielle
Love your style and your work at the sewing machine! (I lol-ed at Kyle's shrine comment :) Miss you guys! (and I'm missing the midwest garage sales!)
Post a Comment