Two stories...
Jake:
The other day, Addison wanted to play outside in the backyard. I was busy fixing dinner and couldn't go outside, so Jake had to stay in with me. He was inconsolable after watching his sister close the door behind her to go play. He took off in a full-on run across the kitchen and without slowing down, reached up with both hands to grab the door knob. His little body slammed against the door and he immediately fell flat on his back. Picture Tarzan swinging on a vine and suddenly running into a tree...it was that kind of scene. This little boy's childhood is going wrought with bruises and scrapes. He certainly throws caution to the wind...or door knob, in this case.
Addison:
In the car the other day, Addison and I were talking about how much she is growing up. I was telling her about funny things she used to say when she was little and still learning to talk...."dubba doo" for "W", "shawby" for "strawberry", "skebby" for "spaghetti". After sharing the spaghetti story, she said, "That's so silly...now I'm a big girl, and I say 'pasketti.'" I'm so glad she isn't quite as "big" as she *thinks* she is!
No comments:
Post a Comment