Thursday, November 3, 2011

Halloween 2011

My plan for Halloween this year was flawed. See this little cutie:

He decided he wanted nothing to do with this dressing up business. I had figured this would probably be the last year that he wouldn't have an opinion about what he wore for a costume, so I planned on dressing him up in a skunk costume we already had.
Mistake #1...not trying it on him earlier to make sure that
a. it fit him well (it didn't)
and
b. didn't terrify him (it did).

So our plan B was to dress him up in a frog costume that we also had on hand. It too, was too small, but fortunately it didn't terrify him. Because it was too small on him, he opted not to put the frog hood over his head, so in the pictures below, it looks like he is wearing a green and yellow blanket sleeper. So, Halloween 2011 was a huge FAIL in the costume department for our little guy. He didn't seem to mind...he was perfectly content sucking on suckers in the wagon while his sister and friends did all the door-to-door business!

Addison wanted to be Rapunzel. Thanks to my girl, Tally, I found a great online tutorial for making a yarn wig. I had intentions of making her dress too, but abandoned them at crunch time (yeah for Target for having a sale on their dress up dresses right before Halloween!). On a side note, if you need a couple of yards of lavender satin...I'm your girl!
So, here she is:


The princess and the "frog" :)

Rapunzel, Belle, and Ariel.

The girls got compliments all night about being the prettiest trick-or-treaters!
They loved it...Belle even curtsied at several houses!

2 comments:

Rashelle said...

LOVE the wig Karie! I have been thinking about the lavender satin...oh the possibilities.

Courtney W. said...

Princess and the frog...love it!