Saturday, November 19, 2011

OBU Reunion~10 Years Later

Last weekend I made the trek south to my 10-year college reunion. The whole family was supposed to join me, but Miss A got sick so Kyle agreed to stay home with the kids (isn't he great?!?). I was disappointed that they weren't able to come, but it ended up being a very refreshing weekend for me. I slept in...enjoyed some good time with Ali, and got to visit my college friends without having to stick to kid-schedules.

It was surreal to be back at OBU...lots had changed, but so much was the same. Something about the chapel...the "bells"...the familiar faces...the instant banter with dear friends...it was like home.

Raley Chapel


My dear friends: Ryan, Scott, Mike, Jeanette, and Kelley

OBU has a fancy new recreation center...basketball courts, workout machines, racquet ball, and this bison statue.

One of my roommates, Jeanette and I in front of our old
apartment building on campus...West U #2!!

My sweet friend, Kelley. I am pretty sure we spent every single day of our junior and senior years together. It was so good to see her again.
Sweet Jeanette.

It's always amazing to me how these friendships can be picked back up so easily. Something about sharing such a formative time together...becoming adults together, it bonds people for a lifetime.

I returned home with a full heart...refreshed and challenged.

2 comments:

jkbradford said...

OHHH so fun!! I just have to say that door is not the original door to West U #2. It looks much cleaner and newer and nicer!!!! Love you!

Kara M said...

WOW! Seems like a lifetime ago that we were all there.