Saturday, August 7, 2010

A List

1. My New Favorite Breakfast: yogurt, cottage cheese, Kashi Go Lean Crunch (or granola), and fresh blueberries...mix it together...lots of fiber and protein...yum. I have Mike and Virginia to thank for introducing me to this blissfully yummy concoction. You should start your day with this tomorrow...that's an order.


2. My Daughter's Ponytail: What's that? My daughter's ponytail is not blog-worthy? Those of you who know how long it took my girl to finally grow hair, know that this picture is indeed a reason to blog!!



3. School is Starting: All of my teacher-friends are returning to school on Monday. I will not be among them. That makes me both sad and happy at the same time. I am oh-so thankful to be able to stay home with my kids, but love the beginning of a new school year...the anticipation...the new school supplies...the polished floors...the nervous kids...love it!

4. New Blog Name: Speaking of school starting, I need a new blog name. I have thought about this all summer...I've got nothing. So help me, dear readers!! I need a new name...one which does not use my last name and does not use my location (for all those scary blog-stalkers out there).

5. Business Woman Extraordinaire: Have I mentioned I am (trying) to start up a little business? I was listening to Dave Ramsey the other day and he was interviewing a gentleman named Dan Miller. He talked about 48 business ideas that cost little to no money to start. Check out the list here. Number 13 on the list had me intrigued...placing real estate signs. So I decided to give it a whirl. I have emailed 80 real estate agents with my information. I have heard back from 5. None of them have been in need of my service, but ALL thought it was a great idea. I plan to start hand-delivering flyers on Monday.


Have a great weekend!!


3 comments:

grammy12 said...

Love the pony-tail! It looks good on her! Nice breakfast idea too. What flavor yogurt do you recomment?

Karie said...

Peach is my favorite.

Marie Sullivan said...

That last picture is so adorable! Also, I love the new look to your post! (...and currently downloading the ramsy recommended business ideas...thanks!)