The idea of living each day intentionally has been a common theme in the lessons God has been teaching me. Our pastor has been doing a summer sermon series entitled, "Passion and Pace." The idea being, you need both passion and pace to live a God-pleasing life. Passion without pace burns out quickly. Pace without passion becomes mundane. This week's sermon was about the profound implications that small, daily choices have in our lives. Much of life is one seemingly insignificant event that leads to another seemingly insignificant event. We tend to live for the BIG moments...the next life stage, the next holiday, the next vacation. But that is not where character is built. Character is built in doing the "daily" with excellence.
My hope is to capture a bit of our "daily" life here. There will certainly be vacations and holidays, but I want to remember and cherish the everyday.
So, in this next chapter of my life...this staying-at-home-raising-the-kids chapter, my goal is to live each day on purpose. I am not going to be the woman, wife, mother I want to be by accident. I have to make choices each day that years from now will (hopefully) produce a life fruitfully glorifying to God.
1 comment:
LOVE the new name!
Post a Comment